Friday, April 15, 2011

The Catholic Church

Why you ask?
I believe in one Kingdom,
Including all the angels and saints,
Surrounding us as a cloud of witnesses.
I believe in one God whose church of people was established by Jesus Christ, long before time.
I believe the sacraments were given to us as a "sixth sense" to see God.
I know that faith without works is dead, just as a heart without soul is empty.
I've learned how to have compassion by looking at Jesus' sufferings through Mary's eyes.
These things have been given to me.
Just as my faith has been given to me.
The Catholic faith.
I have received it.
It dwells in me, since I was baptized.
It has been my compass.
God's spirit leads me, but faith has been my guide.
Without faith, there is no hope.
If I don't believe, then I have nothing.
Faith is a gift.

Beautiful.
Exquisite.
Timeless.

I have learned to accept it, open it, and use it the way God intended.

Thank you Father for your love and mercy during this time of Lent.
Right now, I want to pray for the lost.
Give them soft hearts God so they can hear you.
May they accept your truth and come home to you.

Amen.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Rachel! I am a friend of Julie (from the Children's museum). I met her through our church. She passed along the link to your blog to me, and I am so happy to read your posts and this one in particular. It is so beautiful that you are coming back to the Church. Thanks be to God! :)

    I'll look forward to reading more of your reflections. Also, you should come to our Catholic women's book club sometime.

    I also have a blog where I write about Catholic things, if you ever want to check it out.
    http://fumblingtowardgrace.wordpress.com

    God Bless you!

    ReplyDelete